The Polar Trex dog snow boots provide warmth, traction, and protection so those paws can keep exploring in winter conditions.
Constructed with an insulated softshell upper for breathable, weatherproof warmth in extreme cold and inclement weather. The Ruffwear-designed Vibram® Icetrek™ outsole provides traction on frozen surfaces and is a barrier against cold and snow-melt chemicals. The hook-and-loop closure cinches at the narrowest part of the dog’s leg for a secure fit. Zip the stretch gaiter over the closure to protect the hook-and-loop from snow build-up.
Just as you would with your gear, adjust fit and check tension of boot straps 15 minutes into your activity and throughout the adventure as needed.
Set of TWO boots: many dogs have wider front paws than rear paws. Ruffwear offer their boots in sets of two so you can order the appropriate sizes for a good fit on both the front and rear paws.
- WATERPROOF UPPER: Waterproof, windproof, breathable softshell upper fabric.
- WINTER-SPECIFIC LUG DESIGN: Vibram® Icetrek® non-marking rubber outsole with winter-specific lug pattern provides superb traction on frozen surfaces.
- STRETCH GAITER: Pullover stretch gaiter with zippered closure helps keep snow out.
- HIGH VISABILITY REFLECTIVE TRIM: Reflective trim for visibility in low-light conditions.
- PROTECTION FROM HARSH WINTER & SNOW CONDITIONS: Protects paws from winter elements and ski edges.
HOW TO SIZE FOR A GROWING DOG
Puppies grow quickly and that means their size might still be changing. While your pup’s growth will depend on its breed, many larger dogs may not hit their full size and weight till around 12 to 18 months.
We recommend sizing based on your pup’s current measurements to make sure they are getting a comfortable and functional fit. If it's too large or small, you might see some chafing or slipping.
If your growing pup is truly between two sizes, choose the larger size. For example, a 3-month-old puppy with a 17-inch (43 cm) chest girth would be right between XXS (13-17 in / 33-43 cm) and XS (17-22 in / 43-56 cm) harness sizes. We recommend sizing up to the XS since their current girth fits within that size range AND the larger size will give them room to grow.