Our Green-Lipped Mussels (also known as Greenshell Mussels) are sourced from New Zealand and are human grade. They are raised in sustainably managed farms in the pristine waters of the Coromandel area. They are whole and simply dried. Suitable for all dogs of all ages. This treat contains no bones. A great inside treat as they are quick and easy to eat. As they are eaten so quickly, there is no time to leave crumbs behind.
Toughness rating (1 – 3, with 3 being the toughest): 1
Please note that the toughness rating is a comparison of this treat against other treats.
As all our treats are 100% natural products, you can expect slight variations from the product pictured.
Why feed mussels/benefits of mussels:
Mussels are a rich source of iron so they can assist in anemia prevention. They are also high in vitamin B12 which is needed for the production of red blood cells.
Mussels are also an excellent source of omega 3, EPA and DHA. Omega 3 is known for its benefits to animals with osteoarthritis and locomotor disability (problems moving around). Omega 3 can significantly improve the performance of daily activities.
Omega-3s play a huge role in your pet’s health in many ways, among them:
- Improving the health of your pet’s skin and coat. Poor skin condition puts your pet at risk for itching, irritation, skin allergies and bacterial infections.
- Alleviating the harmful effects of allergies and other conditions that result from an over reactive immune system response.
- Slowing the growth of common yeast infections in your pet.
- Aiding proper development of the retina and visual cortex.
- Preventing certain heart problems in your pet.
- Maintaining healthy blood pressure and decreasing triglyceride and blood cholesterol levels.
- Regulating blood-clotting activity.
- Slowing the development and spread of certain pet cancers.